The Łukasiewicz – EMAG Institute is particularly involved in areas where modern IT solutions can be used:
- security systems for monitoring and assessment of natural hazards and technological processes,
- modern management systems for large organizations,
- information systems and information security,
- decision-support systems, analysis and processing of big data sets,
- power supply and control systems for electric devices, with special respect to energy saving and security,
- systems and devices which need automatic solutions,
- systems for measuring the quality of minerals,
- power supply systems and devices,
High qualifications and good experience of our employees, combined with well equipped laboratories, enable to solve even the most difficult issues in industry, administration and the defence sector. In addition, we can provide expert opinions and assessments for state institutions and individual customers.
Achievements, implementations and numerous awards granted to Łukasiewicz – EMAG speak for constantly increasing research potential and our position on the market. Our experts and the results of their research are widely recognized and invited to participate in international congresses and conferences.
- Information security, security of IT systems (including the use of Common Criteria).
- Business continuity and risk management (security of processes and assets, security engineering, advanced risk management methods).
- Public administration (semantic integration of data and network resources, dialogue systems with the user; interactive and contextual knowledge provision, content optimization (analysis of texts and procedures comprehension)).
- Countering social exclusion (audio-description systems, systems for locating people in buildings, information kiosks for poorly sighted and blind people, summary systems and systems for automatic translation into the sign language, systems supporting handicapped people, mobile applications for handicapped people, interfaces for communication and support of people with sight and hearing dysfunctions, mobile applications).
- Decision-support systems (systems for prediction and assessment of natural hazards, systems for automatic machine diagnoses, systems for medical data mining and analysis), Business Intelligence.
- Processing and analysis of big stream data sets (parallel and distributed techniques of stream data analysis, big data (Hadoop, NoSQL, time series databases), fraud detection, anomalies detection, classification).
- IT systems in medicine, standards for recording and replacement of electronic medical documentation, teleconsultations, telediagnostics, telemonitoring, patient’s portals.
Information technology in monitoring:
- Supervision systems, monitoring systems (for monitoring electrical and mechanic parameters, vital signs, etc), new methods, algorithms and measurement systems for industry, army, medicine, etc.
- New measurement algorithms enabling to use measurement ways and methods of the volume and quality of minerals, environmental parameters, technological parameters, industrial measurements, etc.
- Analysis and research to explore the possibilities to use mobile devices, including flying objects, in monitoring security and environmental parameters, also industrial environments.
- Optimization of electrical energy consumption, reactive power compensation, higher harmonics filters, particularly in non-linear reception systems.
- Measurement data transmission, PLC and BPL data transmission in electrical power automation systems, low-, medium- and high-voltage devices, stations and distribution boards.
- Intelligent solutions of the following devices and systems: power supply and power distribution, data concentrators, data registration (“black boxes”), PMU – synchronic transmission, smart grid, smart metering, modern technological materials, electrical apparatus.
- Robotics and distributed systems in monitoring, control of machines and devices, intelligent sensors (e.g. for complex systems diagnosing the operations of electrical machines and devices), modern machines and devices, mechatronics.
Laboratory tests, certification and attestation:
- Tests according to EMC, LVD, MAD, and ATEX directives: electromagnetic compatibility, environmental tests, electrical tests, IP, gas, and quality of minerals.
- Attestation and technical opinions.
- Compliance certificates, Products Certification Body.
- Assessing the compliance of electrical and electronic equipment, machines and devices, systems, IT products.
- Calibration of equipment for measuring electrical quantities.
- Engineering and development testing at the stage of an IT product/prototype/solution preparation.